Citizens Advice Surrey is a consortium of 14 Citizens Advice in Surrey. We are your single point of contact for working together to help improve people’s lives across the county.
It was established (as a charity and company limited by guarantee) in 2011 to:
- Develop opportunities for joint working and income generation by Citizens Advice throughout the county with the aim of improving services to clients
- Provide a single point of contact for funding agencies and others.
And aims to:
- assist Citizens Advice in Surrey to deliver consistent and sustainable advice services for the benefit of the community across the county;
- be the voice of Citizens Advice in Surrey and to be recognised as a strategic partner by Surrey County Council and other key stakeholders;
- work for improvements in the policies and practices that affect people’s lives in Surrey;
- support the ability of all Citizens Advice in Surrey to win and deliver contracts, thereby expanding the service provided to users;
- look for opportunities for joint working by Citizens Advice, with the aim of enhancing service delivery and improving performance.
As a consortium, Citizens Advice Surrey does not deliver front line advice services. We do manage Surrey-wide contracts, but the core Citizens Advice service remains the sole responsibility of local advice centres across the county.
Our 14 members including Surrey Welfare Rights Unit consists of over 700 highly-skilled volunteers, led by a small team of paid staff, who deliver expertise worth an equivalent economic value of £3.2 million. Every year our network helps around 40,000 people across Surrey with over 100,000 different problems.
How we are funded
Citizens Advice Surrey is an independent registered charity and company limited by guarantee. Citizens Advice Surrey is funded by county-wide project opportunities.
History of Citizens Advice
Citizens Advice has been providing the first port of call for advice and advocacy for over 70 years. Adapting to the ever changing needs of society has made Citizens Advice the most recognised and trusted provider of information and advice in the country.